Leasehold Residential Purchase Pricing
Thank you for looking at our property services. Whether you are buying a property to live in or as an investment, we are here to take the stress out of buying leasehold residential property. We will guide you through each step of your transaction, tailoring our service to fit your requirements, so you can have complete peace of mind that every detail has been properly handled.
At a time where money really matters, we take care to provide a high quality, value-for-money service you can rely on. We will keep you regularly advised of every detail you need to know so you can make informed decisions and conclude your leasehold property transaction promptly and with the minimum possible stress and hassle.
We have an experienced team who understand the stress involved in buying, selling or re-mortgaging your property. Our approach is a simple – we provide a first-class service from our expert team who make the difference by taking the stress away from you and dealing with all the details of your transaction on your behalf.
We know that communication is key, especially when dealing with the complex issues that can sometimes be involved with leasehold property. Our team are made up of highly qualified Solicitors who have the legal and technical “know how” to resolve any issues as they arise in a professional and efficient manner, but also have the people skills to ensure you are kept informed of everything you need to know in plain English.
You will have the confidence that you are our priority, with our aim being that any member of the team is available to speak with you when you need some clarity and certainty at any stage in the process. We feel this provides reassurance and gives you an outlet for any concerns that you may have.
We realised that this is potentially the biggest investment of your life and we not only want to provide the first-class service you deserve, but also real value for money with no hidden fees.
We know how important cost is when deciding who to use for leasehold conveyancing, so we review our fees on a regular basis, taking into account clients’ feedback, so we can make sure we always offer great value.
We typically work on a fixed fee basis, so that from the outset you know what the fees will be for your transaction. If during the transaction there is a new development, we will discuss the change in fees with you and agree a way forward.
Our fees cover all the work required to complete the purchase of your new home, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry and dealing with the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (Stamp Duty) if the property is in England, or Land Transaction Tax (Land Tax) if the property is in Wales.
|Property value||Legal fees for the purchase of a property (Excluding VAT)|
|£0 – £99,999.99||From £540.00|
|£100,000.00 – £199,999.99||From £640.00|
|£200,000.00 – £299,999.99||From £740.00|
|£300.000.00 – £499,999.99||From £770.00|
|£500.000.00 – £799,999.99||From £900.00|
|Integra SDLT form fee||£50.00 plus VAT|
|Integra CHAPs payment fee||£50.00 plus VAT|
If the property purchase price is over £800,000.00, please contact us for a tailored quote on 0161 870 6629 or via our contact form.
Additional fees that may be payable
|If there is a separate firm of solicitors acting for the mortgage lender||£250.00 plus VAT|
|If we are required to act for a mortgage lender||£150.00 plus VAT|
|Shared ownership fee||£125.00 plus VAT|
|Leasehold transaction fee (flat)||£125.00 plus VAT|
|Upgrade of title fee||£30.00 plus VAT|
|Gifted deposit fee||£75.00 plus VAT|
|Indemnity insurance policies||Quoted on a case by case basis|
|Help to Buy ISA fee||£50.00 plus VAT|
|New build property fee||£150.00 plus VAT|
|Help to Buy equity loan fee||£150.00 plus VAT|
|Right to Buy purchase fee||£100.00 plus VAT|
|Resolving issue with title||Quoted on a case by case basis|
Disbursements are any costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as search fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
There are certain disbursements which will be set out in the individual lease relating to the Property. The disbursements which we anticipate will apply are set out separately below. This list is not exhaustive and other disbursements may apply depending on the term of the lease. We will update you on specific fees upon receipt and review of the lease from the seller’s solicitors.
|Item||Range from||Range to|
|*Notice of Transfer fee, this fee if chargeable is set out in the lease. Often the fee is:||£50.00||£150.00|
|*Notice of Charge fee (if the property is to be mortgaged), this fee is set out in the lease. Often the fee is:||£50.00||£150.00|
|*Deed of Covenant fee, this fee is provided by the management company for the property and can be difficult to estimate. Often the fee is:||£50.00||£150.00|
|*Certificate of Compliance fee – to be confirm upon receipt of the lease, as the range can be:||£50.00||£150.00|
|*Local Authority Search fees vary depending on the local authority providing the search and the search provider that we use. Often the fee is:||£80.00||£150.00|
|*Drainage and Water Search fees vary depending on the charges of the water authority. Often the fee is:||£30.00||£80.00|
|*Environmental Search fees vary depending on the type of search we request and the area searched. Often the fee is:||£50.00||£150.00|
|HM Land Registry Office copy fees vary depending on the number of documents that are required from HM Land Registry. Often the fee is:||£3.00||£21.00|
|HM Land Registry Registration fees vary depending on the value of the property, please see the following link for a breakdown of the fee scale https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hm-land-registry-registration-services-fees . Often the fee is:||£20.00||£455.00|
* These fees vary from property to property and can on occasions be significantly more than the ranges given above. We can give you an accurate figure once we have sight of your specific documents.
You should also be aware that ground rent and service charges are likely to apply throughout your ownership of the property. We will confirm the ground rent and the anticipated service charge as soon as we receive this information.
Stamp Duty Land Tax
This depends on the purchase price of your property. You can calculate the amount you will need to pay by using HMRC’s website or if the property is located in Wales by using the Welsh Revenue Authority’s website.
We do not undertake tax advice.
Our fees are fixed, however there may be factors which would typically increase the cost of the fees estimated above. Where there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided.
Factors that may lead to an increase in cost include:
- If a legal title is defective or part of the property is unregistered
- If you discover building regulations or planning permission has not been obtained
- If crucial documents, we have previously requested from you have not been provided to us
- If the property is a new build
- If the property is less than 10 years old
- If you require to exchange within 6 weeks of instructing us
- If you require completion within 6 weeks of instructing us
- If you require simultaneous exchange and completion
For any transaction, the timescales are subject to change depending on when your offer is accepted, and other factors involved. The average process takes between 8-10 weeks. It can be quicker or slower, depending on the parties in the chain. For example, if you are a first-time buyer, purchasing a new build property with a mortgage in principle, it could take a further 4 weeks. However, if you are buying a leasehold property that requires an extension of the lease, this can take significantly longer, between 3 and 12 months. In such, a situation additional charges would apply.
Our fee assumes that:
- This is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise, including (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- This is the assignment of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease
- The transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
- All parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- No indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required
With every transaction there are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. They may be as follows:
- Taking your instructions and giving you initial advice
- Checking finances are in place to fund purchase and contacting lender’s solicitors if needed
- Receiving and advising on contract documents
- Carrying out searches
- Obtaining further planning documentation if required
- Making any necessary enquiries of seller’s solicitor
- Giving you advice on all documents and information received
- Going through the conditions of your mortgage offer
- Sending the final contract to you for signature
- Draft Transfer
- Advising you on joint ownership
- Obtaining pre-completion searches
- Agreeing a completion date (the date from which you own the property)
- Exchanging contracts and notifying you that this has happened
- Arranging for all monies needed to be received from lender and you
- Completing purchase
- Dealing with payment of Stamp Duty/Land Tax
- Dealing with application for registration at Land Registry
Read what our customers think
Junior Hoilett – Professional Football Player
Katie Sammonds - Finance Director, Care 4 Children
Umar Vanden - owner of Whiskey Jar, El Capo, Bandito Burrito, Behind Closed Doors
James Rose – Chief Operating Officer (AIM Listed Company)
Alan Box - Managing Director, Cold Choice Foods
Keith Andrews – Retired Professional Football Player and SKY TV Pundit
Ian Goehler – Founder and Managing Director, White Collar Fighter
Mark Tueart – Director, Lift Sport Financial Advisers
Our team of conveyancing solicitors are here to help you throughout the process of buying or selling your home. To arrange a free initial consultation to discuss how we could help you, call our team 0161 8706629 or fill out the contact form below to request a call from a member of our team.